As there are quite some changes/enhancements in this new 1811 release, we will try to give you an overview of the main highlights in today's blog.
What's new in Platform and Integration
End of Life Notifications
- The HTML5 User Interface will become End-of-Life in release 1911
- For End Users all functionality will be available in release 1905
- For Admin Users all functionality will be available in release 1911
- End of support of Windows 8.1 Mobile in 1905
- The Migration Work Bench will become end of life in 1902
- SOAP web service will become end of Life 2002 release
- New implementation are recommended to use ODATA
- A new layout is available for overview pages called the Sprint Layout
- Left and right subsections are no longer linked at vertical starting point
- New Company Setting option, default in 1905
- The Side Panel, that was introduced in 1805, will not yet be enforced as mandatory, but is still optional via company setting.
Platform and Integration New Topics
- URL and HTML mashups can now be placed on the Home Page
- Cloud for Customer is now offers support for Microsoft Edge browser.
- Unlock object Pop-Up message will no longer be shown on Login but on access of locked objects.
- For users of Flat Navigation menu (No hierarchy nodes in menu) , now also the semi collapsed navigation is available. This only shows the Icons of a menu option.
Mobile & Offline
- A new Quick Action for approval of leads and opportunities is available in the extended app,
- No need to logon to app as long as logon is valid.
- Only available for Oath authentication
- URL mashup support offline
- Dashboards can now be designed from the Fiori UI. This can be activated in Fine Tuning.
- The Fiori Dashboards offer a global selection functionality to change the selection of all linked reports at once.
Key User Tool
- Administrators can create a Work Center View Configuration to hide and reorder Work Center views based on Business Roles. So now we can hide the Products and People tab if not required and also place either Sales or Service as first Work Center based on the Business Role.
- Add Mashups and Web services to Transport Management
Client side Groupware Integration
- Drag and Drop emails directly to Leads on the Shelf in the Outlook plugin.
Pre Packaged Integration
- When a Contact is deleted in ECC the contact person record in C4C is set to obsolete in case no relation to other accounts exists. Previously only the relationship was deleted.
What's new in Sales
Account & Contacts
- The Customer Merge functionality is extended:
- Closed transactions can now be changed to surviving Account (Fine Tuning)
- A new Data Source for linking Obsolete Account and Surviving Account is available
- With 1811 you can create a custom development for the save of during merge of an account. This is separated from the normal account save.
- New Sales Area Dependent Fields are available (also included in ECC integration flow).
- Price Lists
- Price Groups
- Via the standard C4C ODATA Service of C4C a Contact Duplication check can be triggered
- On Sales Quote Header level the Total Order Weight can be aggregated.
- Mass Copy Paste from Excel to paste multiple lines at once (this option is available in all lists)
- On Sales Order Header level the Total Order Weight can be aggregated.
- Mass Copy Paste similar to Sales Quotes.
- Support for Extension fields in Offline Pricing
- Private Appointments from Outlook will now be visible as block in the C4C agenda.
- Add reference to other C4C document when Visit is already completed.
- After the fact binding of objects
- A sidebar view is available that will show a TimeLine of all Customer Visits.
- Geo Fencing Visit Check Out Reminder. Agent can get a reminder when he leaves the customer to check out the Visit, based on Geo location.
- Personal Filters can be used to limit the amount of calendar items shown.
- Appointment, Visit, Phone, Assignment
- Marketing Attributes can be updated via Survey's.
- In the Survey Builder you can disable Add Products button if required, to prevent users from adding additional Products to a survey.
What's new in Service
- The Chat feature which was available in HTML5 is now also available with Fiori Client.
- Contracts are now included as new category in Live Activity default search.
- New Signature Tool will allow creation of signature via Service Templates and addition to email in Ticket.
- Corporate and Personal signatures
- Feature to apply signature automatically will come in a later release
- You can now assign a Service Category Catalog to a Ticket Type. Multiple Catalogs can be active at the same time (one per Ticket Type of course)
- for this release ODATA and offline is not yet supported .
- Scan Serial ID for adding Registered Product
- My Queue and My Team Queue Tiles on Fiori Home Screen
- Enable Extension Scenario for Account Sales Data fields to Ticket
- WorkFlow Enhancements for Tickets
- Custom Party Roles are now able to receive notifications/activity tasks via Work Flow. For email this was already available.
- Set to Irrelevant can be triggered via Work Flow
- New Fields available as place holder.
Installed Base & Registered Products
- Installed Bases and Registered products are now support in Account Merge Scenario.
- Products can be added via bar-code to a Installed Base
- ON the installed a new tab is available to view the linked Sales Quotes
- Sales Contracts can be made as Follow Up from a Sales Quote
- Form template Selection now also support output for Contracts
- Introduce fields "Sales Office" and "Sales Group" for Contracts
The Official Pre-Release briefing of SAP can be found here Release Briefing 1811